Tenacity Folk of Middle Earth
Please Register and post in the New Members forum, before you start posting elsewhere.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

---------Speak Friend and Enter-------------

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Register and post in the New Members forum, before you start posting elsewhere.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

---------Speak Friend and Enter-------------
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virtues

+3
Brit
Batel
Oakgar
7 posters

Go down

Virtues Empty Virtues

Post by Oakgar Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:18 am

Alot of Kin has been asking about virtues in chat, the following web site should
answer all questions about virtues, www.burgzerg.com/virtues

Have a great day,
Oak
Oakgar
Oakgar

Back to top Go down

Virtues Empty Re: Virtues

Post by Batel Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:32 am

Great link!
Batel
Batel
Renowned Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brit Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:33 pm

yep a very nice guide.

got to say though i cannot see why anyone wouldn't want Valour if I'm honest... and in my opinion Empathy is also a must-have, but that's a discussion point :-)

Brit
Real Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:58 am

Personally Valour Innocence and Loyalty are my favorite Virtues for pretty much any class. Great survivability!
Simply
Simply
Real Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brit Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:17 am

you know, i never really liked loyalty, i'm not sure why because it does make sense. i always seem to use:

Justic Valour Innocence Empathy and then usually something Will/Fate based ... probably because I'm lazy deed grinding and most Wisdom traits are exploration deeds lol

Brit
Real Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aratha Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:08 am

http://lotro.mmorsel.com/2010/04/choosing-your-virtues.html
this was also pretty good
Aratha
Aratha
Exquisite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildlife Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:31 pm

Valour is nice (and really we are talking about stacking morale here) BUT... It's important to realize that the only thing it really does is raises your max morale by 286 (once you grind it all the way to 10).

That's 1/3 of a morale pot.
That's 2 swipes of a 55 level mob.
One smallish heal from another class.

The short of it is if you can drop Valour in a fight where you know you will take mostly ranged, tactical or melee damage, and replace it with Compassion, Tolerance or Innocence, you would have 1000 defense rating (at rank 10) of that type. That is 3% reduction in damage. So it only takes 10,000 damage done to you to save you that 300 morale (for rank 10 Valour). That may seem like a large number but it's really not by the time you get 10 ranks of a virtue. The equation scales as long as the virtues are similar rank

Stacked morale is situational too. Very short fight with little risk, your extra morale is wasted vs additional damage dealing.

Very risky solo fights, 300 extra morale probably saved your life.

Fellowships with very spiky damage and less dependable tanks and heals that extra morale also might save your life.

But on longer fights as long as you are not getting hit super hard, something other than Valour can save you way more.

Wildlife
Real Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Popnpip Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:23 pm

This was very helpful. Thanks for the input.

Popnpip
Real Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Popnpip Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:25 pm

Brit wrote:you know, i never really liked loyalty, i'm not sure why because it does make sense. i always seem to use:

Justic Valour Innocence Empathy and then usually something Will/Fate based ... probably because I'm lazy deed grinding and most Wisdom traits are exploration deeds lol

I'm an alto-holic and each alt is more and more likely to get these kinds of traits since the zeal/discipline kind of eternal grinding is beyond my patience. So I second that "because I'm lazy deed grinding" =D

Popnpip
Real Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum